Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Adam Sandler Wants to Marry Me.

On Monday I saw Pam Anderson driving through the grocery store parking lot in her Range Rover in Malibu. Today, I was driving down the PCH, and Adam Sandler pulled up next to me in his ginormous SUV. I started waving to him like he knew who I was. He waved back in his nice-guy way. Then I blew him a kiss. He laughed. I love Los Angeles. It's weird how you see these people running around town when you've seen them your whole life. It's like running into somebody at the grocery store that you went to elementary school with or something. You feel like they should know you since you know them. It's kind of nice to have this Malibu small-town feeling even though it's a completely different planet. I.e., I saw a bunch of 14 year olds at Starbucks chugging triple venti lattes and talking on their Blackberrys the other day. WTF? I'm approaching mid-twenties at light speed and I still can't handle a venti . Plus, I'm stoked that my phone can take pictures--I don't know what I would do if I could get the Internet on it.

I have a new client who is a third grader. It's so weird to for me to think about how I have no real ambition to become a mom or to settle down, but I get really maternal about my clients. It's like I have this weird "mom feeling" or something as I see them learn and grow. One of my kids asked me tonight if I'd home school her. Haha. I love these kids. I love their outlook on life and their creativity. I love their innocence and their quest for autonomy. Working with them makes me realize that I'll probably want to have kids someday, even though I still have no clue what to do when someobody hands me their baby. I always just hold it out at arm's length and try to dodge prospective projectile vomit until someone who likes to coo and baby-talk takes it from me. I think my lack of interest for child bearing in the past has had a lot to do with the fact that I've dated people that I could never fully see myself being with for the rest of my life. That shifts the goals, I think.

What else, what else. I feel like I have a lot more to write about, because so much stuff has happened recently, but I'm exhausted. My hormones must be bonkers right now. I had a big long cry the other night because I was watching "Intervention" and the guy they tried to get to go to rehab refused to go and wound up dying. I didn't just tear up. I was hiccup crying and completely devastated about this. Maybe I like counseling because people are already there. They've already admitted that they need help. It's the people who refuse to go or refuse to acknowledge their problems that really hurt me or annoy the crap out of me.

I'm going to bed. I got 5 seconds of sleep last night.

No comments: